It's a scary start to the year for the Little People, Big World cast as a fire broke out on Roloff Farms and almost burned down their decades-old barn. Mainstay Matt Roloff shared a series of clips and photos on social media to show some of the nerve-racking scenes of the fire.
"Never a dull moment here on the farm," Matt said. "We had a Fire in the chicken barn!! A for real scary story."
LPBW: Matt Roloff 'Dodged a Bullet' in Latest Farm Accident
Matt Roloff revealed that the 110-year-old barn did not incur heavy fire damage. The LPBW star felt like they "dodged a bullet," as the decades-old property has been spared from destruction.
Matt thanked those responsible for saving the old building. These include some quick-thinking friends who encouraged him to get up-to-date fire extinguishers around the property.
"Yesterday, we dodged a bullet with our 110-year-old sweet building," LPBW's Matt Roloff said. "Thanks to my buddy Ty… who every year pushes me to have as many up-to-date fire extinguishers on @rolofffarms as we can fit in all the barns and structures and (to) the quick reactions of our farmhand Jason .. we saved the barn."
Little People, Big World: Matt Woke up to a Horrifying Scene
According to Matt Roloff, the fire broke out in the morning, a few hours after he went to bed. The LPBW star woke up to a commotion outside his window. When he checked, he was horrified to see the chicken barn being ravaged by a fire, with flames up to six feet high.
"I had gotten home to the farm late the night before from AZ," Matt wrote on the caption. "It's was [sic] 3:45 am before I crawled into bed then (a) few hours of sleep later, I hear the commotion in the chicken barn outside my window… flames are 6 ft high and spread along with one of the interior walls."
The farmhands managed to keep the fire from engulfing the structure, using at least nine fire extinguishers. However, the LPBW star still had to seek help from the local fire department as smoke was "pouring" out the sides of the barn.
They called 911 around 10 in the morning. At least a couple of fire trucks from the Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue team responded shortly.
The fire was likely caused by a "light falling to the floor" while the chickens rushed out the automatic door. Luckily, there was minimal damage to the barn's interior, and none of the chickens were hurt by the fire.
This is not the first time that the LPBW family has had to deal with such an emergency. Back in 2018, Matt Roloff discovered the ground on fire near the wedding barn where his eldest daughter took her vows.